Why does my cat or dog need this?
Our geriatric clinic aims to provide support and give advice on problems associated with pets as they age. Our pets age much more quickly than ourselves; in fact, cats over 10 years, and dogs over 8 years (in giant breeds geriatric is classed at 5 years) are considered geriatric and approaching their golden years. Here at Lowesmoor House Vets, we believe that prevention is better than cure. Many owners do not always notice signs of illness and put it down to ‘old age’, however, if underlying conditions are detected early, many of them can often be treated and therefore greatly improve your pet’s quality of life.
What will happen at the Clinic?
One of our qualified nurses will admit your pet in the morning and have an in-depth discussion with you regarding any concerns or worries you may have. A questionnaire is provided for you to fill out before you see the nurse which enables us to pinpoint areas of concern.
We will then look after your pet for a couple of hours whilst we carry out a detailed examination of your pet, which includes blood & urine analysis (plus blood pressure monitoring for cats).
When you come to collect your pet, we will then go through results and formulate a bespoke health plan which is tailored to your pet’s needs.
What is included in the price?
- An initial consultation with one of our qualified nurses
- A full health check from top to tail
- Blood testing:
- Haematology (cats and dogs)
- Biochemistry (to check the kidneys and liver)
- T4 thyroid (to check thyroid levels – a common problem in cats is hyperthyroidism)
- Urine analysis (please note you will need to bring a fresh urine sample in with you on the day of your appointment, sample collection pots and non-absorbent litter can be collected from the practice - this is included in the overall cost)
- Blood Pressure Monitoring of cats
- Tailored plan for your pet
Please contact us for pricing
For more information or to book in for an appointment, please speak to one of our Veterinary Nurses.